Live Transcribe is an app that provides free, real-time, speech-to-text transcriptions to make everyday conversations more accessible among people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing, using just your Android phone. Using Google’s state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition technology, Live Transcribe shows speech and sound as text on your screen, so you can participate in conversations going on in the world around you more easily. You can type responses on the screen, get alerted when your name is spoken, and search within transcriptions.
• Transcribes in real-time. Text appears on your phone as words are spoken.
• Accurately captures the nuances of how words are used in context.
• Choose from over 80 languages and dialects, and quickly switch between two languages.
• Add custom words that you use frequently, like names or household items.
• Set your phone to vibrate when someone says your name.
• See sound events in the environment around you, like a dog barking, clapping, or whistling.
• Type responses in your conversation. Bring up your phone’s keyboard and type your words for a continuous dialogue. Transcriptions still appear while you type.
• See the volume of the speaker’s voice compared to the loudnessin your environment. You can use this sound indicator to adjust your volume when you speak.
Referring back to transcription:
• Choose to save transcriptions for three days. Saved transcriptions will stay locally on your device for three days, so you can copy and paste them elsewhere. (By default, transcriptions are not saved.)
• Search within saved transcriptions.
• Touch and hold text in transcription to copy and paste.
For even more accurate transcription:
• Use external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics for better audio reception.
• Check the loudness and noise indicator to find out if your environment is suitable for transcription.